Coordinate equipment, attachments, delivery and pickup of rental fleet to insure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain equipment inventory by tracking in the computer system so that fast response to customers can be provided regarding availability of equipment.
- Qualify customer needs for equipment by asking questions regarding use of equipment and length of rental. Inform them of the correct equipment needed for the job if customer does not know what he/she needs.
- Suggest alternative equipment to meet customers needs based on questions asked if equipment customers is asking for is not available.
- Schedule equipment for delivery and pickup using company trucking.
- Re-rent larger equipment if not available in our fleet.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional manor.
- Open and close rental contracts and charge for damages and fuel as needed.
- Bill long term monthly rentals in a timely manor.
- Insure that all equipment loaned to customers is tracked on the rental contract and returned when equipment is returned; including straps, hitches, gas cans, ramps etc.
- Complete operational training of equipment for customers who may not understand basic operation.
- Communicate with Yard Man to insure proper equipment is being pulled and loaded on customer’s trailers with the correct attachments when applicable.
- Notify management when equipment is in need of repair. Order parts for equipment as needed and coordinate pickup or shipping of parts.
- Maintain showroom merchandise. Complete stock orders to replenish as needed.
- Other duties as needed per Manager.
- 2+ years experience of rental or insides sales experience.
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of construction equipment a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate both written and verbally.
- Strong computer skills a must.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment.
- Multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be self motivated.
- Exceed customer’s expectations and possess a ‘Yes We Can’ attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a clean driving record
- Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
- Saturday 8am-Noon
- Extended hours during busy seasons
Please send your resume to Amy Mulcahy, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.